Picture of Tom Cruise
Born on the 3rd of July, Tom Cruise is one of the leading movie actors in the movie business. Despite many ups and down in tom’s personal life, he has managed to stay at the top of the risky movie business.
It didn’t come easily for Tom Cruise. He has a list of long critically acclaimed movies that make him one of Hollywood’s biggest stars. Before he was famous he took up many odd jobs like mowing lawns. He worked as a busboy, porter, and cleared tables. Tom has an estranged relationship with his father. He stated that his father was a cowardly bully.
He always wanted to become a priest and was raised as Catholic. He even attended the Franciscan seminary.
It was the time when he won the lead in a high school production of Guys and Dolls; he became interested in acting. In his early school days, he took an interest in wrestling too. He even showed interest in floor hockey but later dropped the idea after injuring and damaging his tooth. He was even bullied in his schools years often.
Tom is also involved in the Church of Scientology. His main reasons to join the Church of Scientology are when he overcomes dyslexia after the help of its study courses.
Facts about Tom Cruise
- His first marriage was with actress Mimi Rogers.
- He even races for actor Paul Newman is racing team.
- His “Couch Incident” on the Oprah Winfrey show was voted the most surprising television moments.
- When he was just 12 years old he bought his first motorcycle with his savings.
- Tom is of German, Irish and English ancestry.
- On his third marriage, his best man was none other than the leader of the Church of Scientology, Davis Miscavige.
- All his three wives were taller than him.
- In Japan, October 10 is celebrated as Tom Cruise Day.
- It was Tom Cruise not Robert Downey Jr. was offered the role of Iron Man.
- Have you ever noticed each of his wives has been 11 years younger than the one before? Yes, it’s true.
- Except for writing, he does most of his work with the left hand.
- He has been nominated for three times but never won.
- Tom Hanks was first offered the role of Jerry Maguire.